Parseur can help automate your order-to-delivery workflow by automating sending orders received by email to Getswift. Parseur comes with out-of-the-box support for many food delivery platforms and also allow you to create your own templates to support your custom platforms.
What is GetSwift?
GetSwift is a delivery management software for real-time delivery dispatching, managing & tracking in a smart, simple interface.
GetSwift core features include:
- automated dispatching,
- smart routing,
- real time job tracking,
- real time service tracking,
- proof of delivery,
- white label booking form,
- live management dashboard,
- iOS and Android apps for couriers
- API to integrate with third parties.
What food delivery platforms are supported by Parseur today?
Parseur comes loaded with a set of ready-made templates supporting all major delivery platforms.
Parseur can automatically extract data from:
- Beyond Menu
- ...and more!
If your platform of choice isn't in this list, you can manually add templates (see below) or contact us to see how we could add out-of-the-box support for it.
Step 1: Create a Parseur account and a new delivery mailbox
If you're new to using Parseur, get started by reading our tutorial on how to set up your first Parseur mailbox.
When creating your mailbox, make sure to select "Food delivery orders" when asked for the type of documents you'll send. This way you will take advantage of our ready-made food delivery templates.
Once done, you should have a Parseur mailbox that looks like this: [email protected]
Note: for best results, we recommend you forward your emails from your original email client (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) and not from your phone or desktop email client (Apple mail, Outlook etc.). Even better, you should setup auto-forward rules so that all you delivery orders can be automatically sent to Parseur.
If you forwarded an email from one of our supported platform but it wasn't parsed automatically, contact us on the chat, and we'll be happy to help!
Step 2: Connect Parseur to your GetSwift account
Log in to your GetSwift account.
Then navigate to the Integration > API Settings page, generate an API key and copy it into the clipboard.
Copy this key
Back on Parseur:
- go to the Export section of your mailbox
- click on the GetSwift tab
- paste your GetSwift API key into the field
- optionally, if you have a default driver fee percentage, you can enter it as well
- Click Save.
Step 4 (optional): Create custom templates to work with GetSwift
If you want to create your own templates to work with GetSwift, you can use our powerful template editor to add support to any delivery email.
First, get comfortable using the template editor by reading our getting started article.
Most importantly for the GetSwift integration to work, while creating your template(s), you have to give specific names to your fields so that GetSwift know what to do with them. If you selected "Food Delivery" while creating your mailbox, those fields will have already been created for you.
Here is the list of all the field names (you don't have to specify all of them, of course) :
Information about the pickup:
- pickupTime (date and time)
- pickupName (text)
- pickupPhone (text)
- pickupEmail (text)
- pickupDescription (text)
For the pickup address, either:
- pickupAddress (text)
- pickupCity (text) : merged into pickupAddress
- pickupState (text): merged into pickupAddress
- pickupZip (text): merged into pickupAddress
- pickupCountry (text)
- pickupFullAddress (address): Fully parsed and validated address (cost 1 additional credit)
Information about the drop-off:
For the earliest drop-off time of scheduled orders, either:
- dropoffEarliestTime (date and time) - If dateTime or dropoffDate is present, it will override the date here.
- dropoffEarliestDateTime (date and time) - Ignores dateTime and dropoffDate.
For the latest drop-off time of scheduled orders, either:
- dropoffLatestTime (date and time) - If dateTime or dropoffDate is present, it will override the date here.
- dropoffLatestDateTime (date and time) - Ignores dateTime and dropoffDate.
You may specify just one of Earliest or Latest (or both) for scheduled deliveries. If none is specified, it's an immediate delivery.
- dropoffDate (date): added before dropoffEarliestTime and dropoffLatestTime (only use when these fields don't contain the date)
- dropoffName (text)
- dropoffPhone (text)
- dropoffEmail (text)
- dropoffDescription (text)
For the dropoff address, either:
- dropoffAddress (text)
- dropoffCity (text): merged into dropoffAddress
- dropoffState (text): merged into dropoffAddress
- dropoffZip (text): merged into dropoffAddress
- dropoffCountry (text)
- dropoffFullAddress (address): Fully parsed and validated address (cost 1 additional credit)
General information about the delivery:
- reference (text)
- getSwiftTemplate (text): see note below
- deliveryInstructions (text)
- unitNumber (text): merged into deliveryInstructions
- grandTotal (text): merged into deliveryInstructions
- paymentMode (text): merged into deliveryInstructions
- source (text): merged into deliveryInstructions
- items (list): quantity (integer, GetSwift does not handle fractional quantities yet), description (text), sku (text), price (decimal number), extra (text - merged into description), unitPrice (decimal number)
- subTotal (decimal number, only used if items list is missing)
- customerFee (decimal number)
- customerReference (text)
- tax (decimal number)
- tip (decimal number)
These fields match those found on the GetSwift API.
Important: For a delivery job to be valid, GetSwift needs a minimum of a pickup address and a drop off address.
Note: You don't always have the full pickup address of the restaurant or shop mentioned in the delivery order email. You can get around that by creating Templates in GetSwift and pre-filling the pickup address. In that case, you have to perfectly match your GetSwift template name with the content captured in the getSwiftTemplate field. Typically, your GetSwift template name should be the name of your restaurant (or pickup location) as it appears in the delivery email. Feel free to contact us through the chat if you need any help with that feature.
Step 5: Test sending delivery order emails to GetSwift
If all is in order, you should see your order emails turn into deliveries jobs on your GetSwift account
If you get the Export Failed status, click on the magnifying glass icon to view the logs and see what went wrong.
If your orders were already processed before you added the GetSwift key, click on the double-arrow refresh icon to reprocess a document and send to GetSwift again.
FAQ: Frequent Problems and Solutions
Problem: My scheduled order was sent to GetSwift with the wrong time or did not get into GetSwift
Solution: Make sure that your time zone is properly set in your account settings. Your time zone should match the time zone of your pick-up and drop-off addresses.
Problem: Parseur displays "Export failed"
Solution: there can be several reasons why an export failed. To get more information, click on the magnifying glass icon to see the logs and open the message about the failed export. Check the answers below to solve most common solutions to export problems.
Problem: I get error "Pickup address cannot be validated" from Getswift.
Solution: Most likely your emails did not contain the whole address, just the name of the place to pickup from. You need to create a template in GetSwift with relevant pickup address with the name matching the content of the pickupName (or getSwiftTemplate) field exactly. Now, everytime getswift receives an email with only the pick up name and no address, it will look for the address in the list of Job Templates you created.
Problem: the order went through GetSwift but was wrongly tagged (wrong country or city).
Solution: Try adding more address details if you have them (like the country, city or zip). If that doesn't help, please contact GetSwift for more information.
Problem: GetSwift sends back an error code 500 with no error message.
Solution: This usually happens when GetSwift was not able to geolocate the address you sent. Try adding more address details if you have them. Also, put any company name or apartment/unit number out of the address and into their own fields. If that doesn't help, please contact GetSwift for more information.