With Parseur, you can collect data from any food ordering platforms that sends orders as email or PDF and send extracted data to your favorite application or database.
This article assumes you already have a Parseur account. You can sign up here if not.
How to use the food ordering predefined mailbox?
If creating a new mailbox:
- Enter the name for you mailbox
- Click Next
- Choose Food delivery orders
If you want to convert an existing custom mailbox into food ordering:
- Open your mailbox
- Go to Settings
- Under Mailbox type, choose Food delivery orders
Check out this article for general information about using predefined mailboxes.
What platforms are supported out of the box?
Here is the list platforms and POS currently supported by Parseur, in alphabetical order:
- Bbot - https://try.bbot.menu
- Brandibble - https://www.brandibble.co
- Caviar - https://www.trycaviar.com
- Chownow - https://get.chownow.com
- Clorder - https://www.clorder.com
- Delivery.com - https://www.delivery.com
- Doordash - https://www.doordash.com
- Drizly - https://drizly.com
- EatStreet - https://eatstreet.com
- eDiningExpress - https://www.ediningexpress.com
- Flipdish - https://www.flipdish.com
- FreshBytes - https://www.freshbytes.io
- GimmeGrub - https://www.gimmegrub.com
- GloriaFood - https://www.gloriafood.com
- GoParrot - https://www.goparrot.ai
- Grubhub - https://www.grubhub.com
- Hazlnut - https://www.hazlnut.com
- Just Eat UK - https://www.just-eat.co.uk
- Lieferando - https://www.lieferando.de
- Menufy - https://www.menufy.com
- MenuSifu - https://www.menusifu.com
- MenuStar - https://getmenustar.com
- OrderSnapp - https://www.ordersnapp.com
- Restaurant Login - https://www.restaurantlogin.com
- Seamless (same orders as Grubhub) - http://seamless.com
- Silverware POS - http://www.silverwarepos.com
- Slice - https://slicelife.com
- SpotOn - https://www.spoton.com
- Squarespace - https://squarespace.com
- Toast - https://pos.toasttab.com
- Upserve - https://upserve.com
- WIX (Stores and Restaurant) - https://wix.com
Working with a platform not currently supported?
If you are able to procure sample restaurant order emails for them, contact us and we'll be happy to add support for it!
What platforms are not currently supported?
The following platforms are currently NOT supported, because we haven't been able to procure email samples:
What fields are extracted from a food order using ready-made templates?
Fields extracted from one order to the next can vary depending on what information is present on the email
The following are the fields commonly extracted:
confirmationCode: order confirmation code
confirmationLink: link for the restaurant to confirm the order
customerFee: price paid by the customer for the delivery (if any)
time: date and time stamp of the order
deliveryInstructions: customer instructions for the delivery
discount: discount applied (if any)
dropoffCountry: customer or delivery address (legacy, see note #1 below)
dropoffFullAddress: the full address parsed and geolocated (see more about the Address format)
dropoffDescription: additional instructions from the customer. Should be merged with
dropoffEarliestTime: in case of future orders, date and/or time of the scheduled delivery or pickup
dropoffEmail: customer's email
dropoffName: customer's name
getSwiftTemplate: restaurant's name (legacy see note #2 below)
grandTotal: total price paid by the customer including currency sign
itemCount: number of items in the order
items: list of ordered items (see below for details)
link: in case the order needs to be downloaded first, URL to download (see more about the Linked format)
orderSubType: sub order type (see note #3 below)
orderType: type of order (Delivery, Pickup, Scheduled, see note #3 below)
paymentMode: mode of payment
pickupZip: restaurant address (most of the time, the full address is included into
pickupName: restaurant name
pickupPhone: restaurant phone
reference: order number
serviceFee: platform service fee
source: ordering platform or POS name
subTotal: order total before tips, taxes and fees including currency sign
tax: tax amount including currency sign
textItems: for some (rare) platforms, Parseur isn't able to split items ordered into a list. When this happens, Parseur will store items as text into this field
tip: tip amount including currency sign (can also be a text like
unitNumber: Customer's unit or apartment number
items field is a Table field and contains the list of ordered items. Each item can contain the following attributes:
extra: more details about the item
price: total price for this item
unitPrice: price per unit for this item
Tips and best practices using working with a food ordering mailbox
Most customer addresses are extracted using the
However we are progressively replacing those legacy fields with the new
dropoffFullAddress field which is more reliable and also sends geolocated coordinates of the location.
If you build a custom integration, you should make sure you both accept the legacy and the newer form.
Older templates use the
getSwiftTemplate to store the restaurant name.
This is being progressively replaced by the more appropriately named
If you build a custom integration, you should make sure you both accept the legacy and the newer field names.
#3 orderType and orderSubType
orderType is extracted from the order is not always standardized across all platforms:
- Delivery orders:
- Pickup orders:
- Future orders:
orderSubTypeusually contains the information of a future order and scheduled date can be found in
- Adjustments to existing orders:
adjustmentwith original order type in
- Cancelled orders:
cancelledwith original order type in
#4 working with price amounts
Amounts are extracted with the currency symbol ($, £ etc.). Sometimes, amounts can contain text like
CASH (tips especially).
If you need to convert amounts to numbers only, you can change the field formats to Number.
If you build a custom integration, you should make sure to only keep number character set
#5 Get a copy of the template to tweak it further
Unfortunately we are not able to share our based managed templates since they can contain personal information from other customers.
Note however that our managed template were created using the exact same template editor as the one you have. You can recreate your own custom template with it.